Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Garden


The boys now have a garden.  I didn't provide the garden- I am blaming my neighbor for most of it.  She bought the boys a sunflower seed that they planted, then brought them down a tomato plant.  A week or so later they came home from her house with an aloe plant, and now... we have a garden.  I should probably mention that I have never, ever kept anything alive in my house.  How the kids have survived this long is a miracle (I bet it has something to do with how they tell me that they are hungry). 
A few days ago, Steve came home from Home Depot with watermelon seeds for the boys.  Yup, you read that right -watermelon seeds in the middle of the desert.  I decided then that I needed to document this whole thing myself :-)
I am posting a picture to prove that these plants are actually alive right now. We'll see how they're doing next week. 

1 comment:

  1. You have done a fine job with your boys - like you said - when they are hungry you feed when thirsty you water if the water is clear they are dehydrated and need to drink more dad already fed them with some kind of feed so you should be set with that. By this time next year you will have a farmers market going.

    ReplyDelete