Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We have a problem...

If you haven't yet heard, we have a small pack rat problem.  I guess they are common out here. Steve has been putting little poison packets out at night and we have been asking Michael to pick up the dog poop a little more frequently...  but we still have them.  Good news, though! Yesterday, Steve found a HUGE dead one out in the backyard!  I almost took a picture, but was trying to make dinner and didn't really want to get that close to it.  Today, though...  I had to take a picture of what I found today.  
A little massacre!  Three little dead rats that Riley and Gracie got... and Riley had another one cornered by the trash cans.  I haven't figured out if I am happy about this or not, but wanted to share.  Oh, and the rocks? That was Jack's contribution to the war.

Update: Upon further inspection, we believe these sad little guys are chipmunks and not pack rats. The one that Steve found in the yard was a pack rat, though...  the battle continues.

1 comment: